Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 29

Your babies are the size of acorn squash! For the next 4 weeks think of the babies as the size/length of acorn squash, cucumbers, pineapples, squash.

Babies already measure about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, they weigh about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but they've still got a ways to go -- can you believe they'll triple in weight before birth?

At 29 weeks our babies are:
  • Getting a little cramped in there, since he's growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.
  • Growing white fat deposits under his skin, and his energy is surging because of it.
  • Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccupping.

We had another growth check last week and both babies are measuring at 3lbs, 5oz. That puts them in the 67th percentile for weight. Hearts continue to look good and everything else is looking good as well.

My cervix is holding steady at 24mm so the doctor felt confident prolonging visits to every 2 weeks instead of weekly. (granted this will only last another month or so as we near the end!)

The babies are definitely moving a lot, and getting hiccups a couple times a day. I am dealing with continued reflux, pain at times in my left leg and hip from laying on my left side so much, baby boy lodging in under my ribs at times, I'm very thirsty, which then leads to more frequent trips to the bathroom, and some difficulty sleeping. I tend to wake up between 3-4 every morning and have difficulty getting back to sleep.

Bed rest is still manageable. Jason re-enrolled us in Netflix and we bought a Roku which allows us to wirelessly connect to the internet without using the computer so I definitely have entertainment. I'm halfway through making the mobile for the nursery and hopefully will get it finished soon. Jason has to cut a couple pieces of a dowel before I can finish so hopefully he can squeeze that in with everything else he's trying to do!

We're both doing pretty good managing everything though. And I kinda feel like we're getting ready to enter the home stretch. I'm excited to have Mom come in this next weekend so we can finish the nursery and get some of those other to-do list things done!

Anyway, more pictures of things to come soon. (And I have not gotten a 29 week belly picture taken so I'm thinking I'll just wait till 30 weeks and we'll work up to the weekly picture!) So sorry to make the picture lovers wait a few more days!! :)

No comments: