Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 22

Your Baby: Month 5

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

Our babies are now the size of papayas. This past week I have been able to feel them kicking from the outside. It's exciting to feel though it's not real consistent yet so it's hard to share with others. Jason has been able to feel it a couple times though.

I'm feeling pretty good. I still get tired and winded easily and I'm still having reflux, but it's not too terrible. I think the nursery is next on Jason's 'to do' list so hopefully we'll get some 'in progress' pictures up soon! I'm learning to take it easy and let Jason take over more of the household duties, though having to sit still more is really hard for me to do. It's definitely worth it though to keep these little guys safe and healthy.

We have another growth ultrasound on Monday so we'll be able to see just how big these guys are getting! At my last appt (on Tuesday) I was measuring at a 28 wk size so though most people comment on how small I am for having twins I really am bigger than the average 22 week person. :)

No comments: