Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 23

We are at week 23, and I've made it halfway through my first week of bed rest. The bed rest side of things isn't too bad so far...I have friends stopping by every couple days which helps.

We've had quite a few dr appointments in the past few days, mostly to re-measure my cervix and a typical growth check on the babies. As I think Jason posted, the babies look great and are definitely growing. They are kicking like crazy lately and constantly moving. Our ultrasound techs have difficulty getting the pictures and measurements they need due to the babies moving. I can feel, and see, kicks through my clothes now and they are starting to respond when the dogs bark real loudly. We are still in the papaya size range, and I'll get a new belly picture up next week!

As for me, the doctors put me on indocin which is an anti-inflammatory drug. I was on it for about 36 hrs when we had a re-check. At that point my cervix had lengthened 2 mm and the excess amniotic fluid seen had decreased to a normal level. I am now off of the indocin but will hang on to it and may be put back on it later if symptoms continue. We're basically in the middle of a balancing act, making sure the babies don't press too hard on my cervix and yet still have what they need to grow. The ultrasound tech, who I've had about 4 times now, advised me to pack a little bag with a change of clothes, toothbrush, etc just in case. She said that from her experience, particularly with multiples things can change and you can be admitted without warning. So here's hoping that doesn't happen anytime soon!

Thank you for all of your prayers so far, and just keep praying that these little guys remain comfortable and happy inside for about 12 more weeks!!

1 comment:

LindseyG said...

Megan- stay strong my friend! I was on hospital bedrest at 23 weeks. Thankfully, like you, was at least able to shower and get up a bit. I now know way more than I ever thought I would know about my cervix and all things preterm.
Please let me know if you want to talk! I would love to catch up. Lauryn will still be in the NICU for many weeks so I will have extra time while sitting with her.
Praying for you, Jason, and the little ones often. God has a plan for you and has instilled this "job" for you!
Love,
Lindsey