Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Week 20


Your Baby: Week 20

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Jason and I definitely agree that there are not 2 cantaloupes inside me so we think this picture is referring to the diameter and not the entire melon.

Sorry for the delay in posting this week; with Christmas and traveling and just keeping my head on straight this is the first time I've had to sit down and write.

While at Christmas with Jason's family I compared my belly with Lesley (our sister in law's) from when she was pregnant... it appears that I am measuring 6.5-7 months when referring to her pictures.

New symptoms the past few weeks include reflux, difficulty sleeping, and hip/leg pains at night.

We had our 20wk ultrasound on the 21st and we have some new pics that we'll post below. The babies are measuring great and are a good few weeks ahead in weight and head size.

I hope you all had great Christmases!

Our daughter's footprint:

Our son's footprint:

Profile view of our son:

Unfortunately, our daughter was camera shy, so we didn't get too many shots of her. She'll have her picture taken plenty as many photos as Jason takes.

No comments: