Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 7


Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

So at times this week I've been looking at myself and thinking I sure don't look pregnant yet (or feel it sometimes) and then I remember that oh yeah, our baby is only the size of a blueberry.

I still am not suffering from ridiculous morning sickness, thank goodness, but I am nauseous a lot and I am gagging/dry heaving every morning. I definitely make hourly trips to the bathroom and wake up a couple times a night to go (which unfortunately the cats see as play time and think it's time to wake me up).

I did have my first emotional breakdown this week. I am no longer allowed to change the litter, and Jason thought that 2 times a week was enough. I knew it was overdue for a change but when I asked him he said he'd get to it later... needless to say I looked in the box and it was horrible. (He ended up looking soon after and changed it and was ready to call me with an apology when I called and said..) "I'm mad and sad. The cats deserve better than that, they can't live like that. They have feelings you know." He tried not to bust out laughing and the conversation ended well. I then cried harder because I didn't have any tissues in the car. It was one of those situations where I knew I was over-reacting, but I couldn't stop the tears. I'm sure there will be more moments to come.

We're definitely having more trouble keeping this a secret...or ok, I am. Jason is actually pretty good at lying to people, but I have trouble face-to-face. Thankfully only 10 days until the ultrasound. We still haven't really begun talking about names or nursery styles or anything like that... I think part of it is that it's still too early in the pregnancy with everything we've been through and the other part is that we can't get really excited about it until we're actually sharing the news.

No comments: