Tuesday, September 21, 2010

doctors and sewing

So, an update on the latest in doctor news is in order. After being on Prometrium for a couple months I started noticing things weren't right and that the length in between cycles wasn't long enough so I went back to the doctor. She ran a series of tests: ultrasound (normal with a possible cyst to go back and look at in 8-10 wks), bacteria test (negative), and bloodwork. It turns out the prometrium was not raising my progesterone levels high enough so she started me on prometrium twice a week until the other results came back. So I've been doubling my dose for a week or so now and am still showing signs of shortened cycles. Since that is still going on and all other tests came back negative we're going to switch to Clomid. I haven't gotten the final word on that, or begun taking it yet, but multiples here we come!!!


So, all this led to the new sewing hobby, the purchase of a machine of my own, and the first project...a pillow.
Jason thinks it's crazy, but I had extra fabric left over from his curtains, so now he has a throw pillow for the reading nook in his room. I think it turned out pretty well...could have been better, but not bad for a first attempt. A friend and I are going to a really cheap (but good) fabric store this weekend to pick out stuff for curtains (my house and hers) and a duvet cover for my guest bed. In order to make room to sew we have now moved the guest room into where the office was...I'll post pics once it's finished!

No comments: